Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Monday, August 27, 2012

OOTN: Bridal Shower Masquerade! 8/19/12

I wore this lacy, black and blush chiffon dress with a purple smokey eye to a Masquerade-themed Bridal Shower for one of my good friends recently!

I planned to wear a black masquerade mask to the event and figured this lacy black and nude dress would work perfectly for the romantic evening. This whole outfit is basically from Forever 21, and I am in love with this dress!
Although the dress appears to just have a sweat-heart neckline, it is actually sleeveless with a rounded neckline because of the blush/nude mesh above the bust of the dress. I love it when dresses have detailing like this because it gives a sultry, mysterious effect without actually being too revealing! (Perfect for a masquerade, right?) The dress cinches in at the waist for a flattering fit.
I love the fact that the lace comes around to the back and that the dress drops to an almost pleated, striped chiffon below the waist. I wore a nude, strapless bra and it worked perfectly with the dress.
For accessories, I am wearing a floral, crystal necklace and bracelet, both from Forever 21 in addition to my rose gold Michael Kors watch and rose gold wrap bracelet from Bauble Bar.
The shoes are lace, black pumps with rose detail from Forever 21 that I wear all the time.
For eyes, I went with a bold, purple smokey eye with the help of Sugar Pill's vibrant matte purple eyeshadow, Poison Plum.

On Eyes: 
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Parfait Amour (blue-violet) with Sugar Pill Poison Plum layered on top all over lid.
MAC Shop and Drop quad: Sugar Snack (sheer pink) under brow to blend, Hypnotizing (shimmery taupe) on inner corner, Power Boosted (shimmery purple) and Shop and Drop (shimmery navy) in crease and outer v
Black pencil liner on upper and lower waterlines
e.l.f. liquid liner in Black
Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara in Blackest Black

On Cheeks:
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful
theBalm Bahama Mama bronzer
Nars Albatross highlight

On Lips:
Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake

On Nails:
On Nails: Urban Outfitters Smush (mint) and Dust: accent nail (blue with silver glitter); both swatches here.
This is the masquerade mask that I wore. I love the lavish feathers, rhinestones, and black glitter! Very glam in my humble opinion.
Here's a photo of my cousin (the maid-of-honor) and me. Her mask is reminiscent of the one Katherine wore to a masquerade in the show, The Vampire Diaries!

What are some fun events that you've attended recently? 

xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }