Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

OOTD - Engagement Party! 7/28/12

This outfit of the day centers around one of my new favorite dresses. I wore this lacy cream and black peplum dress to my friend's engagement party and it was a hit!


Black and white are classic color choices for formal events that I can't get enough of. I consider them "safe colors," fashion-wise, but that doesn't mean you can't spice your outfit up with accessories!
The dress is from Foreign Exchange, and I was worried that the peplum style would be unflattering on larger hips, but I found the opposite to be true in this case!
It has a deep circle cut-out in the back, which gives it a more edgy, but elegant feel. My lace black pumps are from Forever 21.
I paired the dress with the Briar Beauty necklace (one of my all time faves!) and the Bow Tie bracelet, both from Jewelmint. I also wore a rose gold wrap bracelet from Baublebar and my trusty rose gold Michael Kors watch. Cream earrings are from Forever 21.
For makeup, I kept it neutral yet slightly sultry by deepening up the other third of my lids.

On Face:
Revlon Colorstay Original in Medium Beige mixed with Skin 79 BB Cream
Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighter in Nude under eyes
Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder in Sand

On Cheeks:
theBalm Bahama Mama bronzer as contour
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface
Nars Albatross Highlighter on tops of cheekbones

On Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Mac Bare Study Paint Pot
Urban Decay: Virgin under brow bone and inner corner, and Sin on inner 2/3 of lid (both from Naked palette)
Mac: Satin Taupe on outer 1/3 of lid and blended up into crease, and Sable blended into crease.
e.l.f. Liquid Liner in black
Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara

On Lips:
**Not shown, but wore Mac's Creme Cup Lipstick with Nyx's Beige lipgloss on top later on.**

Hope you're having a great week! :)

xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }