Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Milani Limited Edition Coming Up Roses Blushes for Spring 2014: Haul, Review & Swatches!

I recently hauled these gorgeous rose-imprinted blushes from Milani and have a review and swatches to share with you :)


Left to Right, Top to Bottom: Love Potion, Coral Cove, Lady Rouge & Tea Rose
Left to Right, Top to Bottom: Love Potion, Coral Cove, Lady Rouge & Tea Rose
Love Potion
Lady Rouge
Coral Cove
Tea Rose
L-R: Love Potion, Lady Rouge, Coral Cove & Tea Rose (heavy swatches)
L-R: Love Potion, Lady Rouge, Coral Cove & Tea Rose (blended swatches)
Right away, I can tell you that these blushes are very pigmented. However, they are not the easiest to work with. When I swatched them on my arm, they kicked up a lot of powder and applied patchily. I had to work on building up the color to an even consistency. 
On the cheeks, they do not appear chalky or overly powdery, but they do take some effort to blend seamlessly around the edges. The longevity is pretty good despite the chalkiness in the pan, and they last around seven hours on my skin (normal/combination-oily) before starting to fade. I definitely recommend wearing foundation or at least a bb cream/tinted moisturizer type product under these blushes as they seem to work better when they have something to stick to. A cream blush under these would work phenomenally.
I ordered these blushes directly from the milani website, as I remember how difficult it was tracking the first set of these blushes in stores. If you don't want to order online, these blushes are popping up in Walgreens stores throughout the month of March 2014.
 Overall, I'm loving the color selection and rose pattern, but I'm not sure if I will be wearing these that often when I have so many other higher quality blushes in my collection. At least they're pretty to look at :)
Hope you enjoyed the review!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }