Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Manicure Monday: Butter London Knackered & Essie Stroke of Brilliance!

Today, I wanted to share this lovely blue/green/purple glitter duo-chrome from Butter London called Knackered! I love how this polish changes color at different angles and in different lighting! I paired it with some blue glitter on the accent nail using Essie's Stroke of Brilliance and e.l.f. Dream Maker for some extra glitz and glam.
Butter London Knackered, 3 coats; indoor lighting

Butter London Knackered, 3 coats; indoor lighting
This polish is very beautiful but also very sheer. It wore very well despite its sheerness. These photos were taken after about a week of wear, so you can notice some minor chipping, but nothing that would want to make me change the color right away. I used three coats to get the level of opacity seen, and even that wasn't 100% to my liking. This is a polish I would recommend layering over others. I would imagine it would look stunning layered over a black base, for example.
Butter London Knackered, 3 coats; indoor lighting
 To add some extra glitter to the accent nail, since those found in Knackered are micro glitter, I added 1 coat of Essie's Stroke of Brilliance and another of e.l.f. Dream Maker for both blue and holographic glitter particles. I love using Stroke of Brilliance for this, but this was my first time using Dream Maker. I have to say, I did not enjoy Dream Maker at all. The glitter is nice, but the formula smells at least 5x stronger than the regular polish smell we are all used to. Not only that, but it was very tacky and gloppy on the nail. It took forever to dry, especially for a glitter, and it smudged very easily in the process. I do not recommend this last polish at all.
Do you like duo-chrom nail polishes? :)

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }