Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Friday, March 29, 2013

BA Star Natural Shadow Palette: Review, Swatches, & Face of the Day!

Hello, Friends! Long time no post. I've been studying for a huge test I'm taking next month, so I haven't been posting as regularly, and I apologize. Today, I have a review on a natural eyeshadow palette from BA Star cosmetics for you. The palette I tried is the "Natural Shadow Palette," and it features three shimmery neutral powder shadows and two glitter gels.

 The palette came packaged as shown above, and was wrapped in this fun leopard print paper.
 The palette itself is housed in hard plastic packaging that feels quite sturdy.
Natural Light 
Sunlight 
Natural Light
Natural Light
 I absolutely love how shimmery and metallic these shadows are. They were so smooth both when swatching and applying on the lid.
Sunlight 
Natural Light
Sunlight
The shades in the palette from left to right include:
mid-tone, shimmery copper
dark, shimmery taupe brown
shimmery white champagne
gold glitter gel
multi-colored glitter gel
Overall, I found the shades to be very nice to work with. They were quite pigmented, very smooth (almost creamy smooth), and had hardly any fall-out. The shades themselves are very pretty. I loved all three and thought they coordinated well for a variety of looks.
 The champagne shade had a little separation when I dipped a finger or brush in the pan, but applied without fall-out on the lid. It was slightly patchy once applied, but since this will most likely be a highlight shade for many and since it is quite metallic, the sheerness in application is okay. So far, the powder shadows performed wonderfully.
The glitter gels, on the other hand, I didn't enjoy so much. I applied both glitters to the inner corners of my eyes as well as the inner top and bottom lash lines. They are quite oily, which is great if you're going for that glossy, slick glitter effect all over the lid, but they were not good to work with over shadows. The gel caused the shadow underneath to bunch up and lift, creating a patchy appearance. Also, the glitter gel creased on the lower lash line, which I did not enjoy. I would suggest wearing the glitter on its own over a base or perhaps over liquid liner, but not on top of shadow. The glitter was lovely, so I would imagine it would look great on the face as well.
I applied the champagne shade under the brow, in the inner corners, and inner 1/3 of the lid to highlight and brighten. I placed the copper shade all over the lid with the dark taupe brown on the outer 1/3 and in the crease. I also ran the copper shade along the lower lash line to further warm things up. I finished up the eyes with black liner in the waterlines, black liquid liner to wing out the top lash line, and lots of mascara. I lastly added the gold glitter gel to the inner lower lash line and the multi-colored glitter to the inner corners of the eyes.

BA Star is a brand I recently discovered that caters to dance, cheer, and team makeup. Although the products are targeted toward a younger, more performance based crowd, I found the quality of the powder shadows to be on par with more well known brands. The smoothness and pigmentation of the shadows is a lot better than many drugstore brands I've tried, and for the money, I think these palettes are worth it. The glitter gels, however, I did not enjoy very much, but I can see how they might appeal to dancers, cheerleaders, younger women, or performers in general. Also, the website allows you to order palettes in larger quantities, so I can see these being great gifts for teams, birthday party favors, and even bridal shower favors, as well as great gifts for friends.

This palette also comes in a few different shade assortments besides the Natural set I reviewed: a smokey one, pink, and blue one. These palettes retail for $8.75 each and are available at bastar.com. You can also purchase these palettes in kits or team orders.
BA Star was kind enough to provide a code for my readers for 50% off any order! 
The code is BBSMOKY.

On Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Mac Paint Pot in Nubile
BA Star Natural Shadow palette
Avon black pencil liner in waterlines
e.l.f. liquid liner in black
NYX Slide on Pencil in Brown Perfection on outer edge of lower lash line
Urban Decay Supercurl curling mascara
Clinique Lash Doubling mascara

On Cheeks:
NYC Sunny Bronzer
theBalm Frat Boy blush
Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Malibu Strip for highlight

On Lips:
Revlon Colorburst lip gloss in Papaya

On Nails:
Essie Mint Candy Apple 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
-xx, Eviola
*FTC: Product shown in this post was provided by PR representatives for potential review. All other products were purchased with my own money. All opinions expressed are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }