Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

OOTD: Ruby Red (Holiday Edition!)

Today's Outfit of the Day features a sleeveless red dress that I made more winter appropriate for a Christmas party that I hosted. I paired the dress with dark accessories and some festive red ornament earrings.

I fell in love with dress when I first saw it because of the unique neckline. The collar folds over "ascot-style"and is accented with silver lined, shiny black buttons. It has a band to cinch in the waist with more black buttons on the sides. It's a very soft, comfortable material and even has pockets!
 To make it a little more appropriate for this time of year, I wore a black blouse with sheer sleeves underneath and black polka-dotted tights. This is a great way to transition summer pieces into the wintertime (don't forget a heavy coat if you're going out, of course!)
For shoes, I wore lace black pumps, which I thought complimented the patterned tights nicely. 
For my usual arm candy, I wore my rose gold Michael Kors watch, the Silver Swan bracelet from Jewelmint and a bow bracelet from Shoplately. I'm also wearing a rose gold criss-cross ring
 It wouldn't be a Christmas party without some festive earrings. I chose these red ornament ones to continue the color theme of the dress.
 Clothing:
Dress: Modcloth (Coach Tour Dress)
Sheer Blouse: Love Culture
Dotted Tights and Lace Pumps: Forever 21
Watch: Michael Kors
Bracelets: Jewelmint (Silver Swan bracelet) & Shoplately)
Ring: eBay

On Eyes:
Urban Decay primer potion
Urban Decay Naked palette: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Buck, & Smog
Avon black pencil liner
NYX Glide on eye pencil in Brown Perfection
Clinque Lash Doubling mascara

On Cheeks:
Nars Deep Throat blush
e.l.f. Gotta Glow blush as highlight

On Lips:
Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

On Nails:
Rudolph Christmas nails: Butter London's Chancer (seen here)

Fragrance:
MAC Turquatic 
Did you do anything festive for the Holidays? :)

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }