Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Nail of the Day: Christmas Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer Nails with Butter London Chancer!

Today's Nail of the Day is another Christmas nail design that I wore the actual week of Christmas. I wanted to amp things up with glittery red nails and a cute little Rudolf red-nosed reindeer to keep me company whenever I looked down at my fingernails!

Butter London Chancer, 2 coats; outdoor lighting

Butter London Chancer, 2 coats; outdoor lighting
First off, I have to mention how in love I am with this Butter London nail polish. This shade is called Chancer (how appropriate!) and is the most gorgeous glittery red I have ever seen! This polish is chock full of micro sparkles that translate into a multi-dimensional festive party on the nails. I actually prefer this type of glitter to the more chunkier versions out there with the latter being what I use on only one nail. 
Butter London Chancer, 2 coats; outdoor lighting
For the actual Rudolf accent nail, I started with a white base with 2 coats of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in White On and then painted 1 coat of Essie's Luxe Effects in Shine of the Times just to make it look like it was snowing in the background. I then used Sinful Colors Nirvana for Rudolf's head and ears and Sinful Colors Mercury Rising for the antlers (any dark and light brown polishes will work for this.) 
I didn't have any dotting tools at the time, so I used pen tips and toothpicks for the design. The key is patience and practice! Lastly, I dotted on some white and black nail polishes for the eyes, used the same Chancer Butter London polish for the nose, and sealed everything in with a good top coat. (My favorite is Sally Hansen's Strengthening top coat!)
Butter London Chancer, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On, Essie Luxe Effects in Shine of the Times, Sinful Colors Nirvana & Sinful Colors Mercury Rising
This is one of my favorite nail designs yet, and I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }