Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

OOTD: Forest Green & Nude! 11/1/12

Today's Outfit of the Day is a casual one that centers around forest green fitted pants, which, because of their richer and deeper hue, are a great way to transition the color pant trend from Summer to Fall/Winter. I kept the focus on the colored pants by keeping the rest of the outfit neutral.

I love wearing jewel tone colors around this time of year to liven up outfits from the black and gray that  I'm typically drawn to once the weather starts getting colder. These forest green, almost emerald pants are bright, but not overwhelmingly so. Since they draw so much attention, I kept the rest of the outfit neutral by incorporating nudes and earth tones to stay in the same color family.
I paired the pants with dark brown leather riding boots (the bottom half of the outfit seems slightly Peter Pan inspired!) and a nude cream blouse with fun ruffle detailing on the shoulders. I love that the ruffles make the blouse interesting while keeping it subtle enough not to clash with other pieces.

*Please excuse the wet hair! I decided to go au natural today (minus the mousse to tame frizz!)
For jewelry, I stayed in the gold and rose gold families to compliment the earth tones of the outfit. I wore an industrial gold statement necklace, rose gold bird cage ringrose gold Michael Kors watch, gold bow bracelet, and rose gold wrap bracelet.
For makeup I decided to play up the green by using MAC's Humid eyeshadow as the main color. I went for pink cheeks and a baby pink lip.
Clothing:
Forest Green Skinny Pants and Ruffle Shoulder Blouse: H&M
Dark Brown Leather Riding Boots: Aldo ("Prettner" style)
Brown Cardigan (featured below): local Fashion Q boutique
Watch: Michael Kors
Astoria Necklace and Bow Tie BraceletJewelmint
Rose Gold Wrap Bracelet: Baublebar
Rose Gold Bird Cage Ring: eBay

On Eyes:
Urban Decay primer potion
Stila In the Light palette: Bare under brow
Champagne on inner 1/3 of lid
Bliss and Sandstone in crease
MAC Humid eyeshadow on outer 1/3 of lid
black pencil liner
Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara

On Cheeks:
MAC Pink Cult (LE) blush
MAC MSF in Semi-Precious Pearl as highlight

On Lips:
Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake

On Nails: 
Essie Dive Bar and Stroke of Brilliance (seen here)

Fragrance: 
Benefit Garden of Good and Eva
I added a brown cardigan once it started to get chilly and thought I'd share some photos of me with my cat after I got home! What a diva! She's not even looking at the camera.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }