Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Monday, October 29, 2012

OOTD: Victorian Wedding! 9/29/12

Today's Outfit of the Day is one I wore to my friend's wedding recently. The wedding was Victorian-themed, and even though my outfit is pretty modern with a black sequin peplum dress, I channeled the classic "little black dress" and red lipstick!


I'm rather excited about this post because the first outfit of the day look that I posted on this blog (seen here) was the outfit I wore to the engagement party of this same friend whose wedding I am attending in this post. Since the engagement, I've had a chance to really develop this blog and post more consistently. It just further reminds me how much this blog has grown (thanks so much for reading and for all your lovely comments!) 
Now on to the outfit:
I absolutely love this black peplum dress! I think the peplum style is very flattering on many body types, and I adore that this dress has a sweetheart neckline and a sequined bust. The sequins just add so much edge to an otherwise simple black dress. I also like that the mesh makes this a more conservative sleeveless dress instead of a short, strapless dress, which would just be too revealing to be tasteful at a wedding. This dress has an exposed silver zipper and also bands at the waist for an even more flattering fit.
 I kept my hair in looser curls, which has been my signature hairstyle lately. It takes me less time than completely straightening my curly hair, and it keeps a nice amount of volume and body in it versus having completely straight strands.
 The accessories I wore all had some sparkle to them because weddings are a great excuse to get all glamm-ed up! I'm wearing a matching flower rhinestone necklace and bracelet that I usually pull out for special occasions. I'm also wearing floral rhinestone dangly earrings and my staple rose gold Michael Kors watch. I was worried that the statement necklace would clash with the sequin bust of the dress, but I think the varying colors made it more aesthetically pleasing. 
For shoes, I wore lacely black pumps with a feminine floral detail.
For makeup, I went for an amped up neutral eye using the original Naked palette, soft pink cheeks, and the statement red lip. I also used some falsies for a bold lash line.
 I'm always tempted to do a bolder eye look for special occasions, but I had to tone it down to keep the focus on the red lips. I used the Charmed I'm Sure red lipstick from the new MAC Marilyn Monroe collection (reviewed and swatched here.)
Clothing & Accessories:
Sequin peplum dress: Foreign Exchange
Lace pumps, rhinestone necklace & bracelet: Forever 21
Watch: Michael Kors
Earrings: local fashion boutique

On Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC paint pot in Bare Study
Urban Decay Naked palette: Virgin under brow bone and inner corner
Naked in crease
Buck in outer crease
Sin all over lid
Hustle & Darkhorse in outer "v" and in outer crease
black pencil liner on top and bottom waterlines
e.l.f. liquid liner in black
Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara
Ardell 120 Demi lashes in Black (applied with Duo dark tone lash glue)

On Cheeks:
Revlon Photoready Bronzer
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface
Nars Albatross highlighter

On Lips:
NYX long lip pencil in Cabaret
MAC Charmed I'm Sure lipstick (review & swatched here)
Revlon Colorstay lip gloss in Fire

On Nails:
Essie Bahama Mama

Fragrance:
Dior Miss Dior Cherie 
Thanks so much for stopping by! What's your favorite red lipstick? :)

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }