Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

OOTD: Berry Merry! (10/6/12)

I was recently in San Francisco for my cousin's wedding, and I have a couple of outfits to share with you all! This outfit centers around a berry colored lace dress that I paired with leggings and leather riding boots!

Before I start off the outfit, can I just say how much fun I had in SF? This is a photo of me cheesin' it in the elevator on my way down to breakfast the morning of the wedding! :)
The wedding wasn't until the afternoon, so I decided to blog about my morning outfit before I got dolled up for the actual wedding. Berry/wine/burgundy/oxblood/whatever you want to call it is the color of the season, and I am utterly obsessed! I have probably added more of this color to my wardrobe than any other color over the past several months. I love this lace, berry dress not only because of the color and the fact that it's lace, but because the pattern of the lace gives more of a paper-like feel. I believe the lace pattern is laser cut, and I thought it added a unique touch to the average lace dress.
I also enjoyed the buttons on the back of this dress; details really do add the finishing touch! I paired this dress with a brown belt and black leggings. I know some people aren't keen on mixing brown and black, but I do it all the time.
This dress could easily be dressed up with black tights and heels, but I went for a more casual look by pairing it with these genuine leather riding boots. These boots have a slight burgundy/red undertone to them, which gives an extra richness to the brown leather and ties in well with the outfit. I also wore my new genuine leather Michael Kors handbag that features an edgy snakeskin treatment that I adore (let me know if you want a review/tour of the bag, and I will do a separate post since it is new!)
I love when boots have extra buckles or additional detail to them, but at the same time, I prefer them to be simple enough to go with everything. These boots are just that!
I also love the gold detailing of this bag. The MK logo makes a statement without being too "in your face."

For accessories I'm wearing a neutral pearl and bead necklace, bow earrings, the Bow Tie bracelet from  Jewelmint, rose gold wrap bracelet, and rose gold Michael Kors watch.

For makeup, I basically wore my foundation and blush and only the base for my eyeshadow because I was prepping for a silver smokey eye to match my dress for the wedding. I did add some berry lips though.
Clothing:
Lace dress: H&M
Leggings: Express
"Prettner" Leather Riding Boots: Aldo
Leather Handbag: Michael Kors (Jet Set Large Chain East West Tote in Black Patent Python) (purchased from Macy's)
Belt and Bow Earrings: Forever 21
Necklace: Charlotte Russe
Bracelets: Jewelmint and Baublebar
Watch: Michael Kors (purchased from Nordstrom)

On Eyes:
Urban Decay primer potion
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Silver Spoon
black pencil liner
Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara

On Cheeks:
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface

On Lips:
Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

On Nails:
French manicure

Fragrance: MAC Turquatic

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!
- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }